You are an elitist academic if:
Here're couple suggestions for those of you elitists:
- You only review for "top" journals
- You only hire those that have papers in "top" journals or those from "top" schools
- Only read or tweet about "top" journal papers
- Submit your papers first to "X" then "Y", when rejected from a "better" journal
- You first pay attention to the journal name before understanding the research/slide/paper
- You introduce your speakers with the number of their "top" journal papers
- You only highlight your "top" journal papers on your webpages
- You keep checking your h-index daily basis
- Stop giving advice about academic integrity and equality.
- Come clean with your bias. Tell your students you are an elitist.
- Don't lie when you say where you publish is unimportant. Tell, instead, eat or be eaten.
- Never ever talk about how academia/science is apolitical, democratic or other empty buzz words.